The fourth bilateral Call for R&D Project Outlines was launched on September 8, 2014.
As a part of the Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative (SWII), Switzerland & Sweden jointly announce the fourth bilateral «Switzerland-Sweden Call for R&D Project Outlines» within the EUREKA and Eurostars programs.
Previous SWII calls have had a good impact providing finance to a total of 17 bilateral projects with an aggregated project value of some 20 million Euros. The outcome of the first SWII call was a tenfold increase in Swiss-Swedish bilateral R&D projects with EUREKA and Eurostars financing. Switzerland and Sweden are now the two countries within the EUREKA network with the highest number of bilateral projects.
The EUREKA framework is the leading European platform for industry-led, applied, close-to-market research (www.eurekanetwork.org).
The aim of the SWII calls is to facilitate:
- Funding of market oriented Swiss-Swedish R&D projects
- Creation of research consortia consisting of Swiss-Swedish small and medium-sized enterprises, large industry, academia and research institutes
The fourth bilateral Call is open to all topics of the Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative (SWII), but focuses on the development of innovative products and services within the life sciences as well as within smart materials.
- Materials for Health Care Applications. Eg. 3D printing, plastic & polymer, functional coatings, implants
- Hard and Soft Coatings. Eg. functional surfaces, tribology low friction, corrosion resistant, conductivity thermal, new heat and surfaces treatment methods.
- Materials for Light Weight Structures & Engineered Materials. Eg light alloys, composites, bio based materials (wood, pulp based composites, hybrid structures, methods for joining)
- New Metallic Materials. Eg. powder metallurgy, ultra high strength steel, boron steel, materials modeling (modeling for materials properties and processing)
Project outlines are welcome from September 8, 2014. Deadline for submitting project outlines is December 10, 2014.
In support of the fourth Call, matchmaking and workshop events are organized during autumn 2014. For more info, please see
- Nordic Life Science Days, 8-9 September, Stockholm
- Innovative Smart Materials Networking Conference, 2 October, Lausanne
- EUREKA Innovation Event, 19 November, Basel
Detailed Information & Form for Submitting Project Outline
To access detailed information about the fourth bilateral Call, please follow this link. In order to prepare and submit a project outline within the framework of the Call please use the following form EUREKA Project Outline.
Calls are managed by the EUREKA offices at the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems (VINNOVA) and the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) in line with the EUREKA initiative (www.eurekanetwork.org).
The outlines will be screened by SERI and VINNOVA, submitting partners will be notified of the results within the shortest possible time after the submission (about 2-3 weeks). Partners with approved outlines will be recommended to submit their full applications. SERI and VINNOVA will provide support to this end.
For Further Information Contact:
The Swiss contact points at SERI:
Dr. Andreas Gut (Main Contact), +41 31 322 11 07, email@example.com
Ms. Coltette John-Grant (Eurostars), +41 31 324 91 43, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Stefan Klauser (Supportive Measures), +41 31 324 64 03, email@example.com
The Swedish contact points at VINNOVA:
Mr. Tomas Aronsson (Main Contact), +46 8 473 31 18, tomas.aronsson@VINNOVA.se
Dr. Tero Stjernstoft (Manufacturing), +46 8 473 32 96, tero.stjernstoft@VINNOVA.se
Dr. Peter Lindberg, +46 8 473 31 93 (Life Science), peter.lindberg@VINNOVA.se